Currently Hiring: Store Manager, Mayne Island
Our BC Gulf Island grocery chain has an opportunity for an experienced manager. If you are a person who loves nature and the peaceful beauty of Island life, this might be the opportunity for you!
The Store Manager is responsible for the efficient and fiscally responsible operation of the store. They will lead and manage staff to achieve the highest level of customer service. The Manager will also manage budgets, labour costs, inventory control, product presentation and merchandising. They will coach, motivate, and develop their team to foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an exceptional environment of employee and customer engagement.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of retail supervisory experience; preferably in multiple grocery departments (this would be an asset).
- Understand the demands of retail and can balance a commitment to people as well as to daily operations.
- Results- driven with a sense of urgency; you get things done with a “can do” attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Unfailing commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Great leadership, interpersonal, and team building/ coaching skills; you know your team drives your business.
- Willingness and a desire to be involved in the community.
- Strong computer skills
- A flexible and adaptive schedule to the needs of the business while maintaining a healthy work/ life balance.
What you’ll do:
- Create a coaching and development culture for all employees, which embraces a passion for our business; provide regular feedback for continued improvement.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership while serving as a role model in the store and in the community.
- Manage the applicant to candidate to employee experience (interviewing, hiring, orientation, training & development, performance management, etc.).
- Act as leader; actively supporting an environment of employee engagement, with respect and appreciation.
- Support, participate and lead community and charitable events and activities.
- Manage store operations.
- Create a shopping experience that impacts customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, and engagement.
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge, including awareness of product changes, promotions, and seasonal trends.
- Directly responsible to ensure the store achieves all financial targets and maximizes sales and margins, and department labour budget.
- Stay current on industry trends and make recommendations on internal pricing, promotions, and products.
- Analyze financial reports and to develop and adhere to budgets and forecasts.
- Take ownership of and have pride in your store; ability to identify and repair small equipment breakdowns or minor repairs to keep things running smoothly.
- Prioritize and adapt to change.
What you’ll get:
- Very competitive base salary with generous performance-based bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package (including transportation and phone provisions)
- Relocation assistance available
- A beautiful and scenic lifestyle
- A caring and supportive community environment
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
**Tru Value thanks all applicants for taking the time to show interest. We will contact you within 7 days if we will proceed to the next steps; if we do not contact you, please feel free to apply for future opportunities with our encouragement**
What We Value
Something we’ve learned over the years is that a store won’t be a good place to shop if it isn’t a good place to work. That’s why we work hard to ensure our staff and managers feel valued and respected, and that they’re trained with care to deliver service our customers can rely on. Our strength, quite simply, is our people.
We strive to create an engaging work environment with great benefits and growth opportunities.
If you are looking to start a career at Tru Value Foods, please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org