This impressive looking trifle takes minutes to put together and requires no baking—perfect to make and serve on a sunny long weekend.
- 1 store-bought pound cake, cut into cubes
- 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or brandy
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In a large glass bowl or individual serving glasses, layer the pound cake cubes at the bottom.
- Add a layer of mixed berries on top of the pound cake.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Spoon a layer of whipped cream over the berries.
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used, finishing with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavours to meld together.
- Serve chilled.