Avocados are powerhouse in the kitchen. Added to everything from frittatas to frostings, this wonderful vegetable is full of healthy fats. Try out this simple recipe for a speedy, delicious, and nutritious meal.
- 398 ml can of black beans, drained
- zest of 1 large lime + juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon lightly toasted cumin seeds
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped cliantro
- 2/3 cup of crumbled feta
- 2 avocados, halved & stoned
In a large bowl, mix toasted cumin, black beans, lime zest + juice, tomatoes, shallot, chilli and cilantro. Add the feta and gently incorporate.
Spoon the mixture into the avocado halves. Squeeze remaining lime juice over the everything and tuck in.