This mandarin chicken crockpot recipe is mouthwatering good and so easy to prepare. You’ll be asked “What smells so good?” a few times and it will not disappoint at meal time. Enjoy!
- 8 chicken legs
- 2 cups green and red bell pepper strips
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup orange juice; reserve 1 tbsp.
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tbsp. dry mustard
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled and in sections
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups snap peas
- 2 green onions, sliced
- place chicken legs in slow cooker
- add peppers and snap peas
- mix broth, juice, ketchup, soy sauce, molasses, mustard and garlic; pour over chicken
- cover and cook on low 5-6 hrs; add liquid, if required
- remove chicken and vegetables from slowcooker; keep warm.
- pour juice from crockpot into pot and bring to boil
- stir cornstarch into reserved juice; add to boiling sauce and stir until thickened
- mix mandarin oranges into sauce
- place chicken and vegetables on bed of rice or oriental noodles and pour sauce over; garnish with green onions