Soft, chewy, and oh, so gingery! This recipe requires an overnight rest, but it’s totally worth the wait.
Yields 60 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower oil (avocado oil works, as well)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2 heaping tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar for rolling
Whisk oil, eggs, sugar, molasses, and ginger together in a bowl (bowl #1)
In another large bowl (bowl #2), combine and mix all other ingredients. Stir wet ingredients from bowl #1 into bowl #2 and mix until you have a silky dough. Divide in half and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate at least overnight or until ready to bake.
When you’re ready to bake, take the dough out of the fridge at least 15 minutes before preheating the oven to 350 degrees F . Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Take a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball in the palms of your hand. Toss the balls of dough in granulated sugar and place b at least 2-3 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. For a slightly softer cookie, aim closer to the 8-9 minute mark.